Go Forth and Educate Yourselves!
I’d also highly recommend watching the Jane Elliot Brown-eye/Blue-eye experiments, which can be found here:
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pv8mCHbOrs (Part 1)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neEVoFODQOE (Part 2 - Has very important points on Reverse Racism and how it doesn’t exist, and it also dismantles the “We All Bleed Red” mentality.)
Not only should you educate yourself but use this for good. Look around you and help others who don’t have this privilege. Hiring, donating, community service, etc.
After this post went viral, the original artist had to delete their tumblr because they were inundated with death threats.
There were people more offended by this comic than offended by the existence of racial disparities—to the point where they threatened this artist’s life.
not all character development exists to make someone a better person
people turn into assholes, too. They become more manipulative, arrogant, clingy, irritated… complex.
and that’s okay, that’s important.
✧･ﾟ:*✧･ﾟ:* \(◕‿◕✿)/ *:･ﾟ✧*:･ﾟ✧
By copyrighting his property as an artwork, he has prevented oil companies from drilling on it.
Peter Von Tiesenhausen has developed artworks all over his property in northern Alberta. There’s a boat woven from sticks that is gradually being reclaimed by the land; there is a fence that he adds to each year of his life, and there are many “watching” trees, with eyes scored into their bark.
Oil interests pester him continually about drilling on his land. His repeated rebuffing of their advances lead them to move toward arbitration. They made it very clear that he only owned the top 6 inches of soil, and they had rights to anything underneath. He then, off the top of his head, threatened them that he would sue damages if they disturbed his 6 inches, for the entire property is an artwork. Any disturbance would compromise the work, and he would sue.
Immediately after that meeting, he called a lawyer (who is also an art collector) and asked if his intuitive threat would actually hold legally. The lawyer visited, saw the scope of the work on the property, and wrote a document protecting the artwork.
The oil companies have kept their distance ever since.
This is but one example of Peter’s ability to negotiate quickly on his feet, and to find solutions that defy expectations.
Don’t forget our useful posts tag!
- Thewritingcafe (tags page) - Everything - especially information
- fuckyeahcharacterdevelopment - something that fanfic lacks a lot
- thewritersarchive - how to write a novel
- wrtrs - writing characters
- Fantastical Writing - Fantasy writing resources
- Forensic Asks - Forensic resources
- House of Fantasists - Fantasy writing resources
- How to Fight Write - Fight scenes and combat resources
- TWH Forensics - Forensics writing resources
- World Weaving - (inactive) World building
- A Writer’s Help
- A Writer’s Life
- Fiction Writing Tips
- Fix Your Writing Habits
- Keyboard Smash Writers
- Prompts & Pointers
- Reference for Writers
- Slithering Ink
- The Pen’s Point of View
- The Right Writing
- The Trolliest Critic
- The Write Idea (inactive)
- The Write Wire
- Those Stories Untold
- Total Rewrite
- W Writes
- What About Writing
- Write and Let Write (inactive)
- Write World
- Writer Wednesdays (videos)
- Writers Do It Better
- Writer’s Yoga
- Writing Frenzies
- Writing Reference
- Writing References
- Written Words
- Yeah Write
- ultimate writing masterlist
- 102 Resources for Fiction Writers
- Writer’s block?
- writing masterpost
- another one
- writing references
- so you want to make an oc?
- being a writer
- writing resource masterpost
- Havocscope - lots of information about illegal things that you don’t really wanna be googling in case you get arrested
- Writing Software
- How to Beat Procrastination
- best apps for writers
- online whiteboard
- 99 ways to beat writers block
- remember to deal with criticism
- advice for writers vid
- character bios
- eye colors
- writing prompt generators
- character flaws
- things to research
- types of crying
- rare words
- format manuscript
- can’t find the right word?
- stop procrastinating
- possible fanfic aus
- (kind of) synonyms for said
- character development worksheet
- more words
- even more words
- british vs. american english
- character development chart
- emotions vocabulary
Creating a fictional universe
- Random generator
- names that have specific meanings
- upper class names
- fancy last names
- aristocratic/royal names
- random name generator
- random place name generator
- list of legendary creatures
- fantasy name generator
made by me - let me know if there’s anything i should add!
Mihoko Ogaki | www.mihoko-ogaki.com
In her ongoing series of figurative sculptures titled Milky Ways, artist Mihoko Ogakiexplores ideas of life, death, and rebirth. The dead or dying human forms are constructed from Fibre-reinforced plastic and embedded with bright LEDs that when lit project fields of light resembling stars in the surrounding space. You can see many more installation views over on her website.